Just wanted to give you an update on some cool things with your coaching staff:
- Drew Sosebee achieved his USPTA P-1 certifications. That is the highest score one can achieve on the test, and we are very happy and proud for him!
- Antea has passed her written portion of the USPTA exam, and will take the rest soon. Wish her good luck!
- That means that OTA has 4 P-1 coaches (including Christy and Jared), and will soon have at least one more certified soon. Pretty cool.
- Jared has been awarded the Victor Sheshunoff Meritorious Education Award from the Arkansas Tennis Association. Below is his bio for the ATA… so it’s truly thank you to all of you as well!
- Jared Ward is the Owner/Director of Ozark Tennis Academy in Northwest Arkansas, along with his wife, Christy. They also are the Directors of the Bentonville Parks and Recreation tennis program at Memorial Park. Jared is very grateful to the ATA for this award, and has appreciated all of the hard work and effort from the entire District staff through the years, particularly Cindy Curtis for all of her behind the scenes contributions. In addition, any individual recognition is only possible through the dedication of OTA players and parents, as well as the coaching staff of Drew Sosebee, Abbey Sharpe, Antea Huljev, Beau Basham, and Travis Zappia. Most importantly, Jared would like to thank his family: Micah and Eli for making everything worthwhile, and Christy for making everything possible.
- On an even larger scale, Jared has been selected to be on the Southern Section Coaches Commission. The Coaches Commission administers all aspects of the USTA Regional Training Center, located in USTA Southern, including player selection, coaches selection, and complimentary coaching. This is one of the major junior committees in the South, and only 11 coaches are asked to be on it. It was an unexpected honor, and he is very excited for the opportunity… even though it means some extra trips to Atlanta!
- Alright, that’s it. Just wanted to let you all know that your OTA coaches are working hard to continue improving, so that we can continue to help all of our players.